Savvy Loan Products Limited, a direct lender authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 718888, is committed to protecting and respecting privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Tick Tock Loans encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to navigate to from Tick Tock Loans so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. Tick Tock Loans is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the Tick Tock Loans website.
Collection of your Personal Information
Tick Tock Loans may collect and process personal data, such as your name and email address if you enter these on the contact form on our website or to fulfil our contractual obligations - to provide our services, invoice and receive payment for services, send legal updates, news and information about our services and related services. We may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth, gender, and social media accounts.
Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and to others and other details of services you have purchased from us.
Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, device model and other technology on the devices you use to access this website or our software.
Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
Usage Data includes information about how you use our website and services.
Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
Compliance Data includes information required by regulators or law enforcement under compliance procedures (e.g. AML/KYC) or applicable law in connection with efforts to prevent money laundering, criminal activity and terrorist financing, such as relationship to the beneficiary of the transaction, the purpose of the transaction and proof of funds.
In the course of providing our services we may collect Special Categories of Personal Data (such as details about race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data) and information about criminal convictions and offences.
How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us your name, email address and contact details in person, or by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, social media or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- request a loan or our services;
- meet with one of our employees or consultants;
- participate in an event which we have organised;
- complete a form on our website requesting us to contact you;
- subscribe to our publications or newsletter;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- submit an application for a role within Tick Tock Loans; or
- make a complaint or give us some feedback.
Automated technologies through the use of our website or services. In your use of our website or services (including receiving our newsletter), certain Usage Data is transmitted to us such as the device you are using, your IP address and other such data.
Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below:
- Technical Data or Usage Data from analytics providers or search information providers.
- Employment, Identity and Contact Data from third party recruitment agencies.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with ours services). In this case, we may have to cancel the services you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Purposes for which we will process your personal data
Tick Tock Loans collects and uses your personal information to operate its website(s) and deliver the services you have requested including processing your loan application. We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message (although we may also rely on legitimate interests). You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To register you as a new customer||
||Performance of a contract with you|
To process and deliver services including:
|To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey||
|To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||
|To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you||
||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||
||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers suitable for our services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy).|
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you||
||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business)|
|To comply with any laws or regulations that apply to us, for example investigating fraudulent claims, carrying out fraud, credit and anti-money laundering checks and preventing other crimes.||
Tick Tock Loans may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Tick Tock Loans and our partners. Tick Tock Loans may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of our website and services. Tick Tock Loans does not sell, rent or lease or provide in any other way its customer lists to third parties.
Tick Tock Loans may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within Tick Tock Loans and which services our users access. This data is used to deliver customised content within Tick Tock Loans to customers whose behaviour indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Transfer of Personal Data
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions and applicable law. You agree that Tick Tock Loans may share data with trusted partners to help provide our services including to perform electronic ID verification checks, KYC/AML compliance checks, credit-checks, fraud prevention, transfer funds, statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support and IT support, or securely store your data. All such third parties are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Where you have expressly consented (or on the basis of our legitimate interest to grow our business and develop our products/services), we pay pass your details onto carefully selected third parties to contact you about products you may be interested in, using post, email, sms text and phone. In particular, where Tick Tock Loans cannot offer you a loan these third parties may be willing to process your application further. For example, credit brokers may consider your details and forward them to another lender, which will involve further credit searches and multiple contacts. Those third parties may process such information on the basis of their legitimate interests to match applications to lenders, carry out fraud and credit checks, develop business analytics and improve their products or services. Typically this information may be used for up to 12 months.
We provide the third parties that Tick Tock Loans has agreements with for this purpose. They will be considered data controllers with regard to the information we share with them and you will need to refer to their privacy policies for details of how that data is processed.
Nouveau Finance Limited FRN 727348
Please note, that in providing your details to credit brokers and/or other lenders, Tick Tock Loans is acting as a credit broker and may receive a commission follow a successful introduction.
Tick Tock Loans has taken precautions to ensure that our partners will process your information in compliance with Applicable Data Protection law, however, such partners (including credit brokers, lenders and other intermediaries) have their own privacy policies, and you should refer to those.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA or UK, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission. For further details, see European Commission: Adequacy of the protection of personal data in non-EU countries.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US. For further details, see European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield.
Tick Tock Loans will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
(a) conform to the edicts of the law or regulation comply with legal process served on Tick Tock Loans or the site; (including disclosing your personal information to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) or Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS));
(b) protect and defend the rights or property of Tick Tock Loans; and,
(c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Tick Tock Loans, or the public.
Credit Reference Agencies
In order to process your application, we will perform credit and identity checks on you with one or more credit reference agencies (“CRAs”). Where you take banking services from us we may also make periodic searches at CRAs to manage your account with us.
To do this, we will supply your personal information to CRAs and they will give us information about you. This will include information from your credit application and about your financial situation and financial history. CRAs will supply to us both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit, financial situation and financial history information and fraud prevention information.
We will use this information to:
- Assess your creditworthiness and whether you can afford to take the product;
- Verify the accuracy of the data you have provided to us;
- Prevent criminal activity, fraud and money laundering;
- Manage your account(s);
- Trace and recover debts; and
- Ensure any offers provided to you are appropriate to your circumstances.
We will continue to exchange information about you with CRAs while you have a relationship with us. We will also inform the CRAs about your settled accounts. If you borrow and do not repay in full and on time, CRAs will record the outstanding debt. This information may be supplied to other organisations by CRAs.
When CRAs receive a search from us they will place a search footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other lenders.
If you are making a joint application, or tell us that you have a spouse or financial associate, we will link your records together, so you should make sure you discuss this with them, and share with them this information, before lodging the application. CRAs will also link your records together and these links will remain on your and their files until such time as you or your partner successfully files for a disassociation with the CRAs to break that link.
The identities of the CRAs, their role also as fraud prevention agencies, the data they hold, the ways in which they use and share personal information, data retention periods and your data protection rights with the CRAs are explained in more detail at www.callcredit.co.uk/crain. CRAIN is also accessible from each of the three CRAs – clicking on any of these three links will also take you to the same CRAIN document: Callcredit www.callcredit.co.uk/crain
Credit records will remain on your credit file for 6 years after they are settled, whether by repayment in full or by defaulting on the credit arrangement.
You have the right to request a copy of your credit report from a CRA, but they make a charge to you to cover their reasonable administrative costs.
If you are unsuccessful in an application for a loan, we may, upon request share with you the reasons for your rejection.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Tick Tock Loans will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. Data reviewed regularly for relevance. Any data deemed no-longer relevant is deleted. Tick Tock Loans shall keep personal data of customers for at least seven years from the date of closing a loan account. If your loan application is declined Tick Tock Loans will keep this personal data for 5 years from the decision. If your loan is subject to any dispute or complaint it will keep personal data relating to this issue for 6 years from the case being closed. Tick Tock Loans shall keep staff HR-related personal data of employees and consultants for at least seven years. Tick Tock Loans shall keep emails of clients and prospective clients for as long as it has a legitimate interest to do so.
If you have a question about our data retention periods please contact us at email@example.com
Children Under Thirteen
Tick Tock Loans does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website or our services.
Opt-Out & Unsubscribe
We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving announcements of certain information. Users may opt-out of receiving any or all communications from Tick Tock Loans by contacting us or selecting the “Unsubscribe” option on their email.
Your Legal Rights
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
- Right to object to automated individual decision-making, including profiling. This will apply where we use CRAs to perform automatic checks as discussed above under the heading “Credit Reference Agencies” when determining whether to provide you with a loan. You have a right to object to such automated processing, and in that case we may either process your application manually or decline to proceed with your application on the basis that such processing would be required for the performance of a contract to provide you with our services.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Savvy Loan Products Limited t/a Tick Tock Loans
4 Old Park Lane
London, England, W1K 1QW
Tel no. 0203 743 8668